Are you worried of having the traditional braces to your teeth? Don’t worry here is the best choice for you in the form of lingual braces.
Lingual braces are same as traditional braces, but placed at the back of the teeth. It replaces the traditional approaches. As normal braces this lingual braces are used to straighten the teeth.
How lingual braces help you?
Since you are worried of using the traditional braces which make people know that your teeth is not proper, this lingual braces helps you to have a smile on your face as this braces are not visible to the people as they are fit at the back of the teeth. With lingual braces you can start your day with a beautiful smile on your face.
Lingual braces treatment:
At first the dentist will take the impression of your teeth using a plastic mould and these impressions are used to make customized brackets. The brackets prepared with the impressions are fitted at the back of the teeth and retaining brace is used to check that moved teeth won’t relapse. This is how lingual braces are placed back of teeth. But some people may require further treatment depending on the need.
Advantages and disadvantages of lingual braces:
- People with lingual braces feel free in the society as they enjoy the advantage of lingual braces
- These braces makes you feel confident
- Lingual braces were chosen by some of the celebrities
- In lingual braces your metal wire connecting the brackets is not visible as in case of ceramic braces
- These braces are also advantageous for people who play sports
- Lingual braces are uncomfortable for some people compared to other orthodontic treatments
- Some people may have problems in chewing, swallowing and talking
- These braces are not suitable for teenagers and adults who have problems like small teeth and excessive bite problems
- These braces are more costly when compared to traditional braces
- The treatment takes long time than traditional braces
- Because of the placement of braces at the back of the teeth there is chance of developing plaque in the teeth
So, based on your requirement you may choose lingual braces after consulting a dentist and take suggestions if necessary.