Nowadays flash based websites are getting more popular and may become more in demand in the next few years. However, it is debatable whether flash based sites are that suitable for website design. It is important to know the pros and cons of such websites:
- Using Flash leads to more interaction between the website and the users.
- Animation concept can be used to better express or convey the message. It makes the web page lively.
- No need to worry about the type of browser you use. Just flash player is enough to see those websites.
- To view content or videos that need Flash, it is mandatory for users to download Flash player. Here a disadvantage is, not everyone wants to download flash player to view your site. So the number of visitors may reduce to visit your site.
- If you present your content in Flash, search engines may not be able to index your content. So your site may not get rank well. Lower ranking means less traffic to your site.
- Flash content takes more time to load than regular content. People don’t wait for the web page which takes more time to load. They lose patience and move to another website.
Therefore, go for flash when you need it absolutely in the website, otherwise ignore it.