Spanish is a Roman language that is evolved from several dialects of spoken Latin around the ninth century. There are nearly 400-500 million people who speak Spanish as a native language and as speakers. It is the second most native spoken language in the world and one of the six official languages of United Nations. When it comes to Internet it is the third commonly used language after English and Mandarin. Many people across the globe are studying this language making it the second most studied language after English. For the people who are unaware of Spanish, it seems to be similar with English in terms of writing. Of course there are reasons which makes them look similar. Let us see what they are in the following paragraphs.
- Usage of similar character or letter set and usage of Roman alphabets by both the languages. That is in Spanish most of the letters use the letters and shapes that have been used in English. This makes people feel that Spanish is similar to English.
- Many of the words in English have a related word in Spanish. Many words in Spanish have corresponding words in English. For instance word ending with ‘acion’ in Spanish relates to the words ending with ‘ation’ in English.
- When it comes to sentences, except for few, most of the sentence structures are similar in both the languages.
- Like the parts of speech (noun, verb, adjective and so on) present in English, Spanish do have all the parts of speech which do the similar function as in English.
- The way which is used to learn both the languages is similar like fluency, comprehension and so on.
- The letters and words in Spanish do have different pronunciation in different parts of the world as it is for the English.
These are the few similarities which often confuse people between Spanish and English.