An ad network represents web sites in advertisement selling, allowing the buyers of advertising to reach audience easily through run-of-network and run-of-category buys.
Advertising networks provide with ad campaigns coordination for media buyers across thousands of people efficiently. One of the issues for publishers is non exclusive representation and exclusive representation where in the former one publishers use advertising options which are secondary to fill out the space which is left unsold by the primary ad network. While the later one brings a higher percentage of revenue sharing but may result in lower percentage of ad inventory being sold.
Types of advertising networks
General networks: These type of networks achieve low pricing through buys in large quantities combined with ad targeting technology and campaign optimization.
- General networks will not allow advertisers to know in which sites their message sill be appearing.
- Most of the general networks offers transparency to sites which are a part of network.
Vertical networks: They specialize in taking on consumer click data for enhancing the value of the purchased inventory.
- Though these networks are capable enough in reaching consumers comparable to large vertical publishers, the quality of net work’s affiliate of the content is said to be anticipated as lower.
- This makes the the vertical networks to price up inventory at a certain discount compared tot hat of the stand alone publishers but rate an advertiser have paid for the same inventory but in case of general networks.
Advertising exchanges: These services forms an auction based market place for ad inventory.
- The focus of the ad exchanges is increasing the efficiency of display market by offering publisher ad inventory for real time sale which has some potential benefit for creating competition in the market for publisher ad inventory.
Demand side networks: These ad networks are developed in house by agencies thus allowing them to acquire and sell the inventory to clients.
- As the rate of ad drops down and other large networks take share of the profit in large amounts, ad agencies see their margins dropping to 10%.
- Taking more control over the buying process could reverse the entire trend hence for these demands to work they should span spot market inventory and guaranteed premium inventory.
In addition to the above mentioned ad networks , it can be segmented in to tier 1 and tier 2 where the former have large number of own publishers and advertisers with high quality traffic thus serving ads and traffic to tier 2 networks.
Thus the above data gives information regarding the various type of ad networks and their impact on advertising.
Comments Off on Advertising Network: Its Types
| Tags: Marketing and Advertising
To remain competitive in marketplace, to create brand image, and to attract customers all businesses need to implement marketing strategies. The selection of marketing tools also depends upon the strategy. There are many differences between online advertising and traditional advertising. Traditional marketing includes direct mail (such as brochures and catalogs) print, radio, television, and billboards. Online or Internet or cyber-advertising includes banner ads, websites, forum postings and emails. Now we will see the main differences between online advertising and traditional advertising.
- Tracking: The ability to track interest is an important difference between online advertising and traditional advertising. Internet advertising is easy to track. Through the internet the marketer can track number clicks for each banner. Also, they can track conversions of leads to sales, and correct their marketing strategies accordingly. Here, there is a possibility of consumer behavior observing, as, on which offer they mostly clicked and how they are compared the products, etc. In the traditional marketing there is no possibility of tracking the customers as like in the online advertising.
- Exposure: Online advertising is operational 24 hours in a day, and provides global exposure. Until users are online, they cannot see the ad anywhere and at any time. But in case of traditional marketing, the ad will reach on that particular publication when it is in print edition and on a particular time when it is broadcasting. The people may or may not read the print edition, see or listen to the broadcasting advertisement. Barring this, it will not repeat.
- Niche advertising: In traditional advertising, the companies have to depend upon the magazine or newspaper circulation, or on television ratings. The main problem with this method is, knowing exactly about who viewed or read will not be possible. Generally, people do not watch the commercials. On the other hand, when a website is more popular, we can place the ad there or the advertising companies according to their parameters and we can get the complete tracking.
- Audience: The audiences are unique to each business. For example, young people usually check updates through their phones, laptop or any other media using Internet, so for them it is better to target through Internet. Children may watch cartoon-shows on television, so advertising in the television will be a good result. On the other hand, elderly people may prefer paper or other print media to read the news, for them print media is preferable. So the targeted customers will decide the traditional or online advertising.
Even though both online and traditional advertising have advantages, each has its own capabilities to reach the customers. As per the product, budget and the targeted customers, businesses need to make their advertising strategies.
Comments Off on Differences Between Online Advertising and Traditional Advertising
| Tags: Marketing and Advertising
, Online Advertising
Rich media or interactive media on your website refers the features of responding to users’ actions, and further engage with the brand. Rich media will help encourage visitors to invest their effort and time in the brand. When visitors invest their time and effort in the brand, it is more likely to influence them to become loyal customers and become fans for the product. Now we will see the benefits and drawbacks with the rich media ads.
- Pros: Pros with the rich media ads are as follows:
- It helps to make powerful branding. Even if the viewers is not clicked the ad it can give the impression as likely to see and remember than the traditional display ads.
- Rich media ads are more attractive to the viewers a least for first week. It can grab the attention of the viewers and leads to more clicks on the ad.
- Simply by asking for some information or programming in more sophisticated analytics, the advertiser can collect more information from the visitor. It is not possible in the traditional display ad.
- Rich media ads help to communicate more information through different types of media. Those are like games, small applications, animation, audio and video.
- Cons: There are some cons with the rich media ads, and they are as follows:
- There are many tools to block the rich media content ads. Users may block the ads with those tools. Some tools even provide for a particular website and some for all which contains similar formats. If they blocked completely for these type of ads with those tools, they can not see them. This may lead to loss of potential customers.
- To create rich media ads, people need more skill and creative. They have to put a lot of effort on the ad than any other display ad. These are in big size too, so the website owners or the ad publishers may charge more.
- Rich media ads tend to be more visible to the viewers online. They may irritate them. To avoid annoyance to viewers, for every particular period the ad has to be changed.
- These ads generally large in file size and will take longer downloading time. Even with the faster internet connections it will take time. It will impact on the website load time. If the site loads slowly, visitors are likely to leave the site and look for another site.
Thus, there are both pros and cons with the rich media. Customers want to interact with the businesses or companies that they do business with. With the rich media you can improve the interaction with your customers. By engaging communication in two way with your website visitors, you can build an online community for your business.
Comments Off on Pros and Cons of Rich Media
| Tags: Marketing and Advertising
, Online Advertising
Online traffic is the lifeblood of a successful auto dealership website. Generally there are two ways to get visitors for an auto dealership website or any other website, those are search engine optimization and the pay per click (PPC).
All the websites are prioritized and indexed on the basis of content by every search engine. Organic SEO is the process of tailoring a website to get highest rank in searches made through the search engines like Google, or Bing, or Yahoo, etc.
Companies give some specific keywords to display in the search engine results. When some one searches with those keyword phrases, the ad will be displayed as link in the search, separately to organic search results. When the person clicked on the ad it will direct to the website, and based on those clicks search engines like Google charges for it.
- Cost: The cost per click and the cost of keyword acquisition become a whole cost for pay per click than the organic search engine optimization programs. There are additional costs for software management, services and the wastage commonly attributed to uncontrolled click fraud. In case of organic SEO, the charges are fixed for a particular period which includes all the services and maintenance. There is no need to pay any amount for the website visits or clicks.
- Search patterns: The search patterns for PPC reveals for less search users. As well four out of five users said they never click on PPC results. More than seventy percent of search engine users visiting organic listings. The organic search engine optimization helps to get the top place in the search engine results.
- Keywords: The keywords or keyword phrases costs are based on the popularity in pay per click advertising. In case of search engine optimization generally the keywords are a part of total cost. Keywords in the search engine optimization inserted in the content of the page and some other places like meta tags, HTML code, etc.
- Return on investment (ROI): There are only eleven percent of the advertisers reported that they achieve higher return on investment through the PPC program than the organic SEO program.
- Long term results: The pay per click works until the dealership is subscribed for that. If stopped the subscription or the limit is end, the next second the will not get display on the search results. In case of organic search engine optimization the website will be displayed for a long time in a good place of organic search results.
The pay per click will boost up the website visits for a short term. In case of organic search engine optimization the website can display for a long term. Even after the subscription is completed, with a small change in the website content can manage good rank in search engine results pages. Read more
Comments Off on PPC Vs. Organic SEO – What to Choose for Your Auto Dealership Website
| Tags: Internet Marketing
, Marketing and Advertising
Online marketing involves using desktops, smartphones, tablets and other devices goods or services to sell goods or services on the Internet. Internet marketing is getting more popular because of its cost-effectiveness, easy to execute, and other positive attributes. In this article, we will discuss strategies and types of online marketing briefly.
Strategies for online marketing
Online marketing strategies includes the following :
- Having a website: To make online marketing successful, a company should have a website where the visitors can have convenience of knowing more about you and your company. This facilitates your on line marketing.
- Advertising online: Advertising is an effective tool for online marketing as it takes less time. The only thing you should know about online advertising is CPM and CPC.
- Cost Per thousand impressions (CPM): CPM is the cost per thousand impressions. In this type of marketing, you buy some space on web page and you pay for the number of times the web page displays your ad.
- Cost Per Click (CPC): CPC is the cost per click advertisement. In this type of advertisement, you only need to pay for the number of times your ad is clicked by the viewer.
- Directory listing: Adding your business to business directories, local directory listings etc is also a way of online marketing. It is less expensive but takes some time. Every business either local or international have websites allowing members to list their business online.
Types of online marketing
Types of online marketing are:
- E-mail marketing: Products of a company are promoted using e-mail. e-mails are sent to people regarding product/services. Email marketing is aimed to convince audiences on the product/service and usefulness and thereby to purchase them.
- Social media: Social media networking can be used to sell your products effectively. Social media marketing helps you inform and educate your prospects about your products/services – their price, quality, etc.
- Article marketing: Under this type of marketing, articles are written and then posted on your website or any popular site. The aim is to provide viewers with valuable information clearly thereby trying to sell your products. Good articles bring good and genuine back links to your website. This helps you making more people know about your products/services. Article should be so clear that it should invite more people to view it.
- Pay per click marketing (PPC): Users search online using certain words for product/services. In pay per click, such words are targeted by you and your ads will appear on relevant web pages. You need to pay to the advertiser when users click your ad.
To promote businesses online marketing is essential because of the growing popularity of internet technologies. Businesses need to consider individually for Internet marketing because their need differ from one another and select optimal strategies. They could hire reputed professionals for this purpose.
Comments Off on Strategies and Types of Online Marketing
| Tags: Internet Marketing
, Marketing and Advertising