Drugs are the chemicals, which have susceptible impact on neuro-chemical balance of human brain that effects feelings and actions of an individual. Abusing drugs often or regularly leads to addiction. Although there is no particular age limit for drug addiction, earlier abuse causes more serious drug addiction.
Reasons for addiction
Every abuser has a different reason for drug abuse or addiction. Mostly to escape from problems, people abuse drugs, and become addicted. Many factors influence the individuals like social environment, person’s biology, and age. Family, friends, life style of individual contribute to drug abuse. Critical stages of life along with genetic, and environmental factors also affect drug addiction susceptibility.
Effects of addiction
Complications of drug addiction are very high and it is like a disease that affects brain, and total functioning of the body. Brain’s communication system is affected with the chemicals present in drugs as they disrupt the process of information flow to nerve cells. Short and long term effects are seen in the abuse due to drug addiction.
- Short term: The chemicals present in the drugs will blow into the brain’s communication system. These chemicals can disturb the functioning of the “reward circuit” of the brain. Many short-term consequences are observed in abuser’s health and avoiding drug abuse can help in overcoming the short-term consequences. Sleeplessness, irritability, anxiety, running nose, nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, depression, headache, dizziness, effects on memory and respiratory problems etc are found with short term drug addiction.
- Long term: Serious long-term effects are found with drug abuse and addiction changes brain chemical system and circuit. These effects can lead from mild itching to coma and to death of the drug abuser. This addiction facilitates the user in experiencing uncontrollable cravings particularly when they see place or person associated with drug. High drug addiction can lead for infectious diseases, breathing related diseases, veins, or nervous collapse, and abuser can even die in minutes in certain situations.
The above addressed information about reasons and effects of drug abuse and addiction can be useful in preventing drug abuse. Prevention programs and educating the people about effects can be helpful in preventing drug abuse and addiction in society. If it is not controlled at right time, these drugs can become masters of abuser’s life. The consequences of addiction of drug can be overwhelming to both the user and to the user’s family members.
Comments Off on Facts about Drug Abuse and Addiction
| Tags: Drug Abuse
, Substance Abuse
Marijuana is a type of drug. There are many harmful effects of Marijuana on human body and brain. Not only this, it affects a user financially and socially and mentally. His in-activeness and mental disability can cause problems to their family.
Financial effects: Using marijuana, affects the user financially. User has to spend some amount of money to purchase the marijuana drug. And to get same affect he or she should use more marijuana and hence, spending money will be increased, so it will affect the family and user financially. Drug addict found out in a legal marijuana testing may lead to court cases and court costs and fines. It reduces the income and increases the expenditure.
Mental effects: Any family can be affected by using Marijuana. Using Marijuana causes unreal sensory perceptions, reduced ability of problem-solving, coordination problems. It enhances some feelings like pleasure, intense thoughts, anxiety and appetite. These factors can affect a family.
Physical effects: Drug use can cause some physical affects. After some time of taking marijuana it causes some physical effects apart from some mental effects. So, it causes user’s illness like heart attacks, cough, infections. So, it creates relationship problems. Users cannot involve actively with their family.
There are many adverse effects of using Marijuana, it effects the user’s social and family life. And it spoils the relationships with others. So, it is better to avoid the usage of drugs. If you cannot stop using drug, you can speak with your family members and you can take treatments to quit from drug addiction or abuse.
Comments Off on How does Marijuana Affects a Family
| Tags: Drug Abuse
, Marijuana abuse
To escape the emotional and physical discomfort, many people take drugs. Initially in the short term people may feel better while using drugs, but ultimately it will create adverse reaction. If people use drugs to avoid the problems, then physical, social, psychological results of drug abuse and addiction becomes worse than the original problem which people are trying to avoid.
The symptoms of addiction are same, ti does not matter what the substance, is though different drugs have different effects. Drug users should see the the signs and symptoms of substance abuse and addiction, if they recognize themselves in the following signs and symptoms of following then they should talk about their drug use and get help.
Common signs and symptoms of drug abuse:
- Neglecting responsibilities: Neglecting responsibilities at home, work or school due to the use of drugs.
- Legal trouble: legal troubles like arrests for disorderly conduct, stealing to support a drug habit, for driving under the influence.
- Problems in relationship: Because of using drugs you may face problems in relationship like fights with family members, with partner, an unhappy boss, you may lose friends.
- Common signs and symptoms of drug addiction: Drug tolerance: More drug is to be used to experience the same effects when you used to smaller amounts.
- Lost control: Drug users lose their control on taking drugs. They take drugs more than planned though they told themselves to not to take. They may want to stop using drugs but they feel powerless.
- Revolves around drug use: users spend more time on thinking about drug and using drug, they create plan to how to get them and think how to recover from the drug’s effects.
- Continue to use drugs: Users get major problems in their life by using drugs like mood swings, infections, blackouts, depression, paranoia. However there are any problems, if they use.
Comments Off on Signs and Symptoms Drug Abuse and Addiction
| Tags: Drug Abuse
, Drug Addiction
, Substance Abuse