Office automation is a great way of using computer machinery and software to perform office works to digitally create, collect, store, manipulate and relay office information needed for accomplishing basic tasks of a business. It helps save money and time while protecting your important business information because it makes your work less tedious, trim hours off your workload, reduce repetitive keyboard strokes or mouse-clicks and make data entry easier with fewer tabs or mouse movements. However, opting automation in business has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of office automation.
- Automating business processes will reduce reduces your participation in clerical tasks such as organizing data, creating reports etc and helps you to concentrate in important parts of your business.
- It allows to perform the tasks of many people.
- It allows people to work on higher-level tasks.
- It avoids space for duplicate data, helps in fast data retrieval, and at the same time that data can be accessed by many employees.
- Increase business competitiveness.
- Helps management make better decision-making and planning.
- It is expensive because you have to invest equipments.
- Previous or older staff or less-skilled people may take some time or face problems in adjusting to the new technology and may find difficult to use it efficiently.
- If anything is misfiled, it might be harder to find.
- Entails maintenance costs for equipment.
- You might need some additional training on how to operate.
- If automated system would not work properly due to some reasons, then you are unable to continue your business manually also.
Based on the above advantages and disadvantages, you should opt for office automation.
Comments Off on Advantages and Disadvantages of Office Automation in Business
| Tags: automation
Automation systems have been lately replacing the manual work. They are considered to perform the same human work with less effort and in the same way as humans do. Hence, we shall now know what is the difference between manual work and automation systems.
There are different kinds of work that people can do. Manual work referrs to the work done by people with physical effort. This contrasts the work done by machines. Many people invented new things with a variety of work using their own hands. Galileo made telescopes with the effort of his brain and hands. Leibnitz, invented machines in order to move the carriages and windmills without the use of horses.
Many people involved in manual work can potentially do their works with skill and intelligence. The physical work can be accomplished by manual labor and animal labor that is considered cousin of the former prehistoric age.
In the 19th century, automation and mechanization were started to reduce the human and animal labor for production and had significantly expanded to bring about a change to the human culture. Mechanization requires human operators that assist the machinery in the work.
Automation is being used to increase the quality in manufacturing process. Engineers have transitioned the manual work to automated work with the installation of automated machines to reduce the error rate. The error rate in manual work was around 1-1.5%, but it has decreased to 0.00001% with automation.
Automation systems though are beneficial, cannot replace the manual activity in all aspects.
Comments Off on Difference Between Manual Work and Automation Systems
| Tags: automation
In every organization, safety management is very much vital. Safety management is required in all the processes like manufacturing, transporting, data storing etc. Safety facilities protect the resources. Safety management systems helps in providing safety objectives for every function in the organization. When compared to the manual operated safety management system, a highly automated safety system is highly effective. The industry automation prevents the human participation at risky places.
For example, in the manufacturing industries, robotics are widely used for preventing dangers. The automatic alarm systems find the danger and pass the information to their workforce. Manufacturing industries incur many benefits from the automation facilities.
Also, the new technology innovates the home safety management systems with automatic home safety devices. These automatic facilities provide the security without the human participation. Few safety devices like video cameras, gate safety system will provide more safety facilities to homes or buildings. They reduce the human risk in home or building safety management.
Many other companies are using computers in their business operations, they store the valuable data in these computer systems. But these computers are prone to the threats from the viruses.
Therefore, anti-virus software programs are designed which provide security to the computers from these viruses. The anti-virus software automatically scan your system and remove the viruses.
As every process and every industry needs a safety management system, the automation of these systems give still more effective safety.
Comments Off on Why Safety Management Systems Require Automation
| Tags: automation
Barcode time and attendance system in offices helps to reduce the labor expenses, increase business efficiency and Return On Investment (ROI). The benefits can be noticed in less than a year depending on elimination of manual time logging and auditing operations.
A good Barcode Time and Attendance system will give the information in the following key areas of the business:
- It finds out the employee working in any department or operation whose work is showing negative effect on the productivity.
- The information regarding the most productive employee in the organization is given by the barcode time and attendance system.
- A Barcode time and attendance system gives the management team, the tools required to ensure that labor decisions, they make are cost efficient ones and some of the ways are, they easily monitor excessive absence, overtime and paid time off, ensure billable hours are allocated correctly to customers, manage headcount efficiently to handle business volume, etc.
- Barcode time and attendance systems helps the management in reporting the data as per the state and federal labor requirements to assure compliance.
- Time and attendance system of employees managed manually is a very laborious task. But with the use of the barcode time and attendance system, the work is reduced and at the same time increases the employee satisfaction.
Hence, with the above said benefits, it can be concluded that the barcode time and attendance system has a large role in the management operations of a company.
Comments Off on Management Benefits of Barcode Time and Attendance System
| Tags: automation
It is advantageous to use barcode systems to improve warehouse operations. Symbol barcode and others can be used for various applications like material handling, purchasing orders, packaging and so on. Different types of barcode labels are used in warehouses. They include location barcode labels, reflective barcode labels, floor barcode labels, and pallet barcode labels.
Location Barcode Labels:
As the name suggests, these labels are used to find the location of a specific item in a warehouse. These labels have registered numeric codes which are usually placed on shelves and racks with the help of durable adhesives.
Reflective Barcode Labels:
These labels are larger in size and can be read by people. Barcode scanners can scan these labels from a distance. Metal is used as a label material for creating these labels. Reflective barcode labels can be used at places where high durability is required.
Floor Barcode Labels:
These barcode labels are stuck on the floor of warehouses. Heavy vehicular traffic may be seen at warehouses. So, these labels use highly durable adhesives for permanently sticking to the floor. Metals like steel and aluminum are used for making floor barcode labels.
Pallet Barcode Labels:
Pallet barcode labels are used to tag pallets which move from one location to other. These are also made of metal as they need to withstand industrial conditions like chemicals.
These are the main types of barcode labels which are used by warehouses. Thermal transfer barcode printers are mostly used for printing them.
Comments Off on What are the Various Types of Barcode Labels used in Warehouses?
| Tags: automation
, Barcode printer