Rich media or interactive media on your website refers the features of responding to users’ actions, and further engage with the brand. Rich media will help encourage visitors to invest their effort and time in the brand. When visitors invest their time and effort in the brand, it is more likely to influence them to become loyal customers and become fans for the product. Now we will see the benefits and drawbacks with the rich media ads.
- Pros: Pros with the rich media ads are as follows:
- It helps to make powerful branding. Even if the viewers is not clicked the ad it can give the impression as likely to see and remember than the traditional display ads.
- Rich media ads are more attractive to the viewers a least for first week. It can grab the attention of the viewers and leads to more clicks on the ad.
- Simply by asking for some information or programming in more sophisticated analytics, the advertiser can collect more information from the visitor. It is not possible in the traditional display ad.
- Rich media ads help to communicate more information through different types of media. Those are like games, small applications, animation, audio and video.
- Cons: There are some cons with the rich media ads, and they are as follows:
- There are many tools to block the rich media content ads. Users may block the ads with those tools. Some tools even provide for a particular website and some for all which contains similar formats. If they blocked completely for these type of ads with those tools, they can not see them. This may lead to loss of potential customers.
- To create rich media ads, people need more skill and creative. They have to put a lot of effort on the ad than any other display ad. These are in big size too, so the website owners or the ad publishers may charge more.
- Rich media ads tend to be more visible to the viewers online. They may irritate them. To avoid annoyance to viewers, for every particular period the ad has to be changed.
- These ads generally large in file size and will take longer downloading time. Even with the faster internet connections it will take time. It will impact on the website load time. If the site loads slowly, visitors are likely to leave the site and look for another site.
Thus, there are both pros and cons with the rich media. Customers want to interact with the businesses or companies that they do business with. With the rich media you can improve the interaction with your customers. By engaging communication in two way with your website visitors, you can build an online community for your business.