Online traffic is the lifeblood of a successful auto dealership website. Generally there are two ways to get visitors for an auto dealership website or any other website, those are search engine optimization and the pay per click (PPC).
All the websites are prioritized and indexed on the basis of content by every search engine. Organic SEO is the process of tailoring a website to get highest rank in searches made through the search engines like Google, or Bing, or Yahoo, etc.
Companies give some specific keywords to display in the search engine results. When some one searches with those keyword phrases, the ad will be displayed as link in the search, separately to organic search results. When the person clicked on the ad it will direct to the website, and based on those clicks search engines like Google charges for it.
- Cost: The cost per click and the cost of keyword acquisition become a whole cost for pay per click than the organic search engine optimization programs. There are additional costs for software management, services and the wastage commonly attributed to uncontrolled click fraud. In case of organic SEO, the charges are fixed for a particular period which includes all the services and maintenance. There is no need to pay any amount for the website visits or clicks.
- Search patterns: The search patterns for PPC reveals for less search users. As well four out of five users said they never click on PPC results. More than seventy percent of search engine users visiting organic listings. The organic search engine optimization helps to get the top place in the search engine results.
- Keywords: The keywords or keyword phrases costs are based on the popularity in pay per click advertising. In case of search engine optimization generally the keywords are a part of total cost. Keywords in the search engine optimization inserted in the content of the page and some other places like meta tags, HTML code, etc.
- Return on investment (ROI): There are only eleven percent of the advertisers reported that they achieve higher return on investment through the PPC program than the organic SEO program.
- Long term results: The pay per click works until the dealership is subscribed for that. If stopped the subscription or the limit is end, the next second the will not get display on the search results. In case of organic search engine optimization the website will be displayed for a long time in a good place of organic search results.
The pay per click will boost up the website visits for a short term. In case of organic search engine optimization the website can display for a long term. Even after the subscription is completed, with a small change in the website content can manage good rank in search engine results pages.