Online marketing involves using desktops, smartphones, tablets and other devices goods or services to sell goods or services on the Internet. Internet marketing is getting more popular because of its cost-effectiveness, easy to execute, and other positive attributes. In this article, we will discuss strategies and types of online marketing briefly.
Strategies for online marketing
Online marketing strategies includes the following :
- Having a website: To make online marketing successful, a company should have a website where the visitors can have convenience of knowing more about you and your company. This facilitates your on line marketing.
- Advertising online: Advertising is an effective tool for online marketing as it takes less time. The only thing you should know about online advertising is CPM and CPC.
- Cost Per thousand impressions (CPM): CPM is the cost per thousand impressions. In this type of marketing, you buy some space on web page and you pay for the number of times the web page displays your ad.
- Cost Per Click (CPC): CPC is the cost per click advertisement. In this type of advertisement, you only need to pay for the number of times your ad is clicked by the viewer.
- Directory listing: Adding your business to business directories, local directory listings etc is also a way of online marketing. It is less expensive but takes some time. Every business either local or international have websites allowing members to list their business online.
Types of online marketing
Types of online marketing are:
- E-mail marketing: Products of a company are promoted using e-mail. e-mails are sent to people regarding product/services. Email marketing is aimed to convince audiences on the product/service and usefulness and thereby to purchase them.
- Social media: Social media networking can be used to sell your products effectively. Social media marketing helps you inform and educate your prospects about your products/services – their price, quality, etc.
- Article marketing: Under this type of marketing, articles are written and then posted on your website or any popular site. The aim is to provide viewers with valuable information clearly thereby trying to sell your products. Good articles bring good and genuine back links to your website. This helps you making more people know about your products/services. Article should be so clear that it should invite more people to view it.
- Pay per click marketing (PPC): Users search online using certain words for product/services. In pay per click, such words are targeted by you and your ads will appear on relevant web pages. You need to pay to the advertiser when users click your ad.
To promote businesses online marketing is essential because of the growing popularity of internet technologies. Businesses need to consider individually for Internet marketing because their need differ from one another and select optimal strategies. They could hire reputed professionals for this purpose.