Travel insurance can protect you from significant losses that result from a variety of situations, including canceled trips, lost baggage, medical emergencies, financial troubles of major tour operators and airlines, and the prevalence of nonrefundable airline tickets as well as other unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters.
There are many different types of travel insurance policies are available, ranging from trip cancellation insurance to emergency medical evacuation. All policies coverage varies from company to company and also costs depend on type of the company. Before taking any policy you have to know exactly about what your policy will cover and will not cover. And always buy your insurance from a reputable company.
There are several types of travel insurance are available. Below are some of the following brief descriptions of some of the types of travel insurance.
- Trip Cancellation: If a trip is canceled/postponed or interrupted due to unforeseen circumstances, trip cancellation policy covers the non-refundable payments or deposits to you. Mainly this coverage is meant for illness, injury or death suffered by the insured or a member of the insured’s immediate family.
- Medical insurance: It includes several types of coverage. Emergency medical evacuation insurance is one of the coverage of medical insurance and it covers the transportation cost for the injured person in order to be evacuated for treatment to the nearest medical facility. This insurance is highly recommended for cruise passengers and adventure travelers visiting remote areas. Accident/Sickness Medical Expenses is also one of the insurance which covers costs incurred due to injury or illness that occur while on a trip.
- Supplier default insurance: It covers payments or deposits lost due to the bankruptcy of an airline, cruise line, tour operator, or other provider of travel services.
- Loss of Baggage loss and delay coverage: It protects you in the case that if your luggage is lost, delayed or stolen. This often includes a cash payment if your bags are delayed for more than 12 hours after you arrive at your destination. This covers your rental car in the event of an accident and your baggage and personal items if they’re lost, damaged or stolen.
- Travel document protection: This helps you to replace a passport or other travel documents when they’re lost or stolen.