Metal roof coatings protect existing roof, eliminate expensive metal repair or replacement, and provide significant air conditioning cost savings. Metal is once again restored by applying acrylic coating. These coatings give rust-free, leak-proof extended life to the roof and good value for money to the building owners and managers. There are some advantages as well as disadvantages of applying metal coatings to roofs.
Advantages of applying metal roof coatings:
- It is inexpensive because no need to restore or replace the roof. So it is convenient for you to do your business without any disturbance.
- Metal roof coatings are strong and can withstand rigors of wind, hail, and puncture from flying debris.
- It prevents any leakage.
- Metal roof coatings are resistant to acid rain, air pollutants and UV degradation.
- There will not be any cracking because of temperature changes that result in expanding and contracting.
- It is rust-free.
- It is so light weight that your building can bare.
- Fire proof.
- There is no need of tearing the existing one because metal proof coatings are applied on the existing one.
- Easy and quick to install.
- You can save energy costs.
- It provides cool to your interior of your home.
Disadvantages of metal proof coatings:
- Cost more than substantially more initially, than a premium asphalt roof.
- Requires high maintenance.
- Produces more sound whenever rains or snow hit the metal roofs.
We see that the advantages are more than the disadvantages.