Today, most of us are concerned about our health and healthy eating. With passage of time, eating choices are getting worse with different types of diets. Most people include meat in their diet. But do you know what happens when you take only non-vegetarian diet and ignore vegetarian diet?
You may suffer from deficiencies. Both white meat and red meat have high amounts of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Also, calcium and iron are found in meat but the only element that is lacking is fiber. It is observed that, meat-eaters from constipation, gastric problems and inflammatory pathologies. This is because when you consume meat, high amount of toxins are liberated. This liberation of toxins happens more with the digestion of meat than during the digestion of vegetarian foods.
There are many benefits of having vegetarian diet.
- Vegetarian diet is high in antioxidants that help protect your cells from pollution and smoking and reduce the signs of aging.
- Vegetarian diet is low in saturated fats. Eating of more vegetables and cutting out meat will help you reduce heart diseases and strokes.
- It has been observed that, vegetarians live about seven times longer than meat-eaters.
- Vegetarian diet helps reduce cholesterol levels in the body.
- Because of low saturated fats and less calories, vegetarians contain 14% lower cholesterol than meat-eaters.
- In vegetarian diet, we can find high amounts of proteins which contains Iso flavones, help reduce risk of blood clots.
So, if you are interested to cut meat and include vegetarian diet, you need to have equal amounts of proteins, vitamins and nutrients. Add nuts, seeds, wholegrain and a wide variety of vegetables and fruits in your vegetarian diet.