Nanny sharing includes hiring a single nanny by two families. The nanny takes care of children of the two families which share the costs to be associated with the nanny. Nanny sharing is linked with both advantages and disadvantages.
Pros of nanny sharing
Nanny sharing is very much beneficial for the parents as well as the kids.
- Families can get nanny services at affordable prices and can save their money.
- As children are with their neighbors or friends mostly, they feel free.
- Unlike daycare centers, less number of children are taken care. So there are more chances of providing care for individual child.
- There are minimum chances of sickness.
- As kids are prone to mixing with other children, they learn about sharing.
Cons of nanny sharing
Though there are many benefits, you can even find some disadvantages with nanny sharing.
- Arrangement of vacation schedules for nanny is difficult as the requirements of two families need to be considered.
- There are possibilities that the families develop differing philosophies regarding certain things like housekeeping, homework, playgroups and so on.
- Making decisions with others can be really difficult and may give rise to many problems. If there are no similar views on food and eating habits, discipline, and others for the two families, it leads to many problems.
So, before hiring a nanny on sharing, it is better to consider the pros and cons associated with it. However, ensure that the family with which you are sharing a nanny is good and has similar views as yours. Prefer an experienced nanny referral agency to hire a right nanny for your kids.