In orthodontic treatment, the orthodontist uses the braces for fixing the teeth in order to straighten, fill gaps between the teeth of orthodontic patients. Orthodontic patients are the people who have irregularities in their teeth. These irregularities can be removed by the orthodontic devices called braces. Orthodontic braces help the patient look beautiful with nice and fine teeth. There are some effects while wearing braces. But these effects are in the first few days of wearing braces due to the pressure applied to the teeth and they give you proper new alignment to your teeth after treatment.
Some of the effects that are caused while wearing braces are:
- Discomfort is the first one you feel due to mouth soreness, headaches, rashes on your gums by rubbing the braces, effect on speech etc., while wearing braces.
- Chances of mild pain and difficult in eating after tightening of the braces.
- Braces are damaged due to the sticky food items chewed by the patient.
- Sometimes braces cut the inner lips while eating, speaking, sleeping etc,.
- Formation of plaque called gingivitis around the braces due to improper maintenance and cleaning of teeth after food consumption.
- Tooth stains remain even after completion of treatment.
- Gum diseases occur due to the rashes produced on the gum.
- Injuries as well as jaw joint pain also sometimes is caused due to the braces.
All the above painful effects can be reduced by maintaining proper oral hygiene and also by following the doctor’s suggestions precisely. Read more
Comments Off on What are the Painful Effects of Braces?
| Tags: dental care
Now a days wall decals are extensively used for wall decorations in order to create attractive interiors. The availability of huge variety of wall decals enable the users to make creative decorations for each and every corner of the house. Let it be a common living room, kid’s room,bedroom, dining hall or kitchen, they can be used any where without any hesitation. The increased popularity of these decals demands a clear idea on what to do and what not to do with these decals. To use them effectively let us check the do’s and don’ts while using wall decals.
- Every product of wall decals comes with a set of instructions given by the experts team of the company. So following those instructions is very important in order to make them effective.
- Always choose a plain, smooth textured, dust free surface to paste the decal. Also, if the wall is painted recently (just before 3-4 days), it is better not to try wall decal since the paint still remains wet in the inner region. Hence, let the paint completely dry at least for one week and then apply the decal.
- Wall decals are removable and hence don’t think that they are permanent and keep them for years and years. You can change them according to the occasion and your interest.
- Removing should always be done with hair dryer or with the help of glass cleaners and it should also be followed with specific instructions.
- Don’t apply wall decals for dirty, rough and surfaces which are moist. This makes the wall decal ineffective. They won’t stick to such surfaces and even though they stick they will be with the vinyl cover and do not stick to the wall.
- Don’t stick the decals to the just painted walls. At least leave the painted walls for 2-3 weeks so that they get dried completely and the decals will not effect the paint in any way.
- Don’t use these decals in the areas where the temperature is quite high as they are effected by the temperatures.
By following the above instructions, you will not have any hassles in pasting or removing the wall decals. Read more
Comments Off on Know the Do’s and Don’ts of Wall Decals
| Tags: Wall Decals
Many of us get confused between fish oil and cod liver oil which are both essential nutrient supplements. Though both are derived from fish, they are very much different from each other. Fish oil and cod liver oil are intended for curing various conditions. Let us now have a look on the differences between these two oils.
Cod liver oil is extracted from the liver of cod fish whereas fish oil is extracted from the tissues (not specific) of any oily fish. Cod liver oil contains omega-3 fatty acids including EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexanoic acid). It also contains high levels of vitamin A and vitamin D. However, fish oil only has these two specific omega-3 fatty acids but do not contain vitamins A and D. Even the amounts of these omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil and cod liver oil differ, the fish oil has higher levels of these fatty acids when compared to cod liver oil. Another significant difference between them is that cod liver oil has a higher ratio of DHA to EPA where as fish oil has a higher ratio of EPA to DHA. It has been known that when you compare a similar sized capsule of fish oil and cod liver oil, the fish oil has twice the amounts of EPA and DHA than that in cod liver oil.
As cod liver oil is rich in vitamins A and D, it is mostly recommended for people suffering from the deficiency of these vitamins. It enables to maintain the health of skin, eyes and joints. However, it also ensures perfect health of cardiovascular system and nervous system because of the adequate amounts of omega-3 fatty acid, DHA. The EPA involves in prevention of inflammation in your body. Both cod liver oil and fish oil supplements have their significant role in maintaining the body’s health.
Comments Off on What are the Differences Between Fish Oil and Cod Liver Oil?
| Tags: vitamins
Nanny sharing includes hiring a single nanny by two families. The nanny takes care of children of the two families which share the costs to be associated with the nanny. Nanny sharing is linked with both advantages and disadvantages.
Pros of nanny sharing
Nanny sharing is very much beneficial for the parents as well as the kids.
- Families can get nanny services at affordable prices and can save their money.
- As children are with their neighbors or friends mostly, they feel free.
- Unlike daycare centers, less number of children are taken care. So there are more chances of providing care for individual child.
- There are minimum chances of sickness.
- As kids are prone to mixing with other children, they learn about sharing.
Cons of nanny sharing
Though there are many benefits, you can even find some disadvantages with nanny sharing.
- Arrangement of vacation schedules for nanny is difficult as the requirements of two families need to be considered.
- There are possibilities that the families develop differing philosophies regarding certain things like housekeeping, homework, playgroups and so on.
- Making decisions with others can be really difficult and may give rise to many problems. If there are no similar views on food and eating habits, discipline, and others for the two families, it leads to many problems.
So, before hiring a nanny on sharing, it is better to consider the pros and cons associated with it. However, ensure that the family with which you are sharing a nanny is good and has similar views as yours. Prefer an experienced nanny referral agency to hire a right nanny for your kids. Read more
Comments Off on What are the Pros and Cons of Nanny Sharing?
| Tags: Nanny Care
Working parents should check for the right childcare option to ensure that their kids are safe and happy. Relative care, babysitter, nanny, au pair and daycare centers are the various options available for getting childcare. Whatever you choose, it is necessary to go through its advantages and disadvantages. Here are some pros and cons of child care from a relative.
- Child care from relatives is the only way which provides trust. The relative is interested in the child’s health, well-being and even happiness. Unlike the case of daycare centers, it provides you a peace of mind without any need to worry about the status of your child.
- The child care can be free. It may even be at lesser costs than you would pay for any other stranger like a nanny or a babysitter.
- Relative child care builds up an emotional bond and enhances the existing family relationship that lasts lifetime.
- It allows flexibility. This avoids any tensions that you deal with a daycare center.
- You can provide an in-home daycare for your kid either in your home or your relative’s home.
- The most important disadvantage of relative child care is that you cannot establish a professional relationship. Maintaining appropriate boundaries is very difficult if your childcare employee is a relative.
- Any issues during the child care may affect the relationship.
- If the child’s grandparents are involved in providing the care, then the gap of generation may affect the behavior of your kids.
- You need to find a back-up or alternative if your relative is ill or cannot attend the child care.
Consider the pros and cons of relative child care when you plan to provide a caregiver for your child. Read more
Comments Off on Pros and Cons of Child Care from a Relative
| Tags: Nanny Care