Renovating your bathroom includes many things. Among them adding specified tiles for floor, walls, sink and countertops of bathroom is a great idea. If you wish to have a beautiful and aesthetic appearance to your bathroom, then you should opt granite tiles. Here are some pros and cons of granite tiles to be used for bathrooms.
Their specific features make them more beneficial for use in bathroom.
- Granite tiles give your bathroom a luxurious look. Generally, granite slabs are more expensive. However, granite tiles are available in affordable ranges. So you get luxurious granite tiles at lesser price.
- They are very strong and hence, are more durable. They have the capacity to withstand hard wear.
- Granite tiles are also resistant to scratches. They are even resistant to heat and pressure. Hence, they are the best options for bathroom walls.
- They do not absorb water easily. So, there is no need to apply sealants for granite tiles, particularly for darker granite tiles.
Though granite tiles are associated with the above benefits, they also have some disadvantages.
- Granite tiles are more prone to slippery when wet. Hence, it is dangerous to use these tiles at places where there is a continuous flow of water. It is for this reason that they are used mostly for walls.
- You have a very limited color selection with granite tiles. They are mostly found in those colors which are naturally found in nature.
- Granite tiles are even costlier than some other tiles like ceramic and vinyl tiles. It cannot be therefore, chosen by many people.
Granite tiles are the best to be added to your bathroom to improve its aesthetic appearance. It is necessary that you consider these pros and cons when you wish to add granite tiles to your bathroom.