Drug abusing people are found everywhere in the society. There are even people who consume drugs at workplaces. Many problems arise at the organizations with drug abused employees. Employers should therefore conduct drug and alcohol testing at workplaces to ensure safety and health of the employees. Different kinds of drug test kits like urine, saliva, and hair drug test kits can be used by the employers. Moreover, conducting the drug tests with multipanel drug test kits like 5-panel and 10-panel kits can be much more economical. Here are some pros and cons of conducting drug and alcohol tests at workplaces.
- Drug and alcohol abusers do not have proper coordination skills. This may lead to occurrence of many accidents at workplaces. Conducting regular drug and alcohol testing at workplaces reduces the chances of accidents. It also helps the employers in saving the costs associated with such accidents.
- Increased safety at the organization is the other benefit of drug and alcohol testing at workplaces. It also increases the well being of the employees.
- It is a good practice to conduct drug and alcohol tests at the organization to ensure discipline and safety.
- Certain issues like privacy pertain to the cons of drug and alcohol testing at organizations. Some employers arrange certain staff for submitting the tests. However, it is considered as an issue of privacy and discriminatory practice against employees.
- Some issues of trust may also arise with drug and alcohol testing programmes at workplaces. They may result in negative perceptions from staff to managers or vice-versa.
In spite of the negative consequences that may rise due to drug testing, it is necessary to conduct them.
With many creative ideas, you wish to bring a new look to your bathroom. You have a wide range of choices for flooring. Among them, tile flooring is the common one. In addition, people choose marble tiles which bring in more elegance to the bathroom. It is preferred by those who wish to enhance the value of their property. However, marble tiles have their own advantages and disadvantages.
The foremost thing that should be said about the marble tiles is their aesthetic beauty. They are elegant and expressive. Marble tiles are found in different colors like gray, pink, white, green and blue. However, choosing the light shades like pinkish or creamy white give a cool and pleasant appeal. The other colored marbles can be used for borders or for decorative purposes.
They have a smooth and glossy finish that reflect the light for brightening effect in the bathroom. As marble is a very hard material, the flooring lasts for a long time. The durability of the marble tiles can be much higher if proper required maintenance is ensured.
However, they have also got some disadvantages. They are more expensive than any other type of tiles. As they are more strong, they are heavy. So, it is very difficult for installing marble tile floor. Enough care should be taken during installation. Also, they need high maintenance. In order to retain their sheen, they have to be regularly washed with a mild cleanser. They are also more prone to stains. As marble is a porous material, any substances like liquids, soap scum and others spilled on the floor are absorbed by it. Cosmetics, perfume, hair dyes or any others which are spilled on marble tiles should be cleaned immediately. Hence, keep the advantages and disadvantages of marble tiles before installing them to your bathroom.
Comments Off on Pros and Cons of Marble Tile Flooring in Bathroom
| Tags: Bathroom Tiles
, Home Improvement
Renovating your bathroom includes many things. Among them adding specified tiles for floor, walls, sink and countertops of bathroom is a great idea. If you wish to have a beautiful and aesthetic appearance to your bathroom, then you should opt granite tiles. Here are some pros and cons of granite tiles to be used for bathrooms.
Their specific features make them more beneficial for use in bathroom.
- Granite tiles give your bathroom a luxurious look. Generally, granite slabs are more expensive. However, granite tiles are available in affordable ranges. So you get luxurious granite tiles at lesser price.
- They are very strong and hence, are more durable. They have the capacity to withstand hard wear.
- Granite tiles are also resistant to scratches. They are even resistant to heat and pressure. Hence, they are the best options for bathroom walls.
- They do not absorb water easily. So, there is no need to apply sealants for granite tiles, particularly for darker granite tiles.
Though granite tiles are associated with the above benefits, they also have some disadvantages.
- Granite tiles are more prone to slippery when wet. Hence, it is dangerous to use these tiles at places where there is a continuous flow of water. It is for this reason that they are used mostly for walls.
- You have a very limited color selection with granite tiles. They are mostly found in those colors which are naturally found in nature.
- Granite tiles are even costlier than some other tiles like ceramic and vinyl tiles. It cannot be therefore, chosen by many people.
Granite tiles are the best to be added to your bathroom to improve its aesthetic appearance. It is necessary that you consider these pros and cons when you wish to add granite tiles to your bathroom.
Comments Off on Pros and Cons of Granite Bathroom Tiles
| Tags: Bathroom Tiles
, Home Improvement
It is really boring and frustrating to use a bathroom that has got many repairs and lost its beautiful look. A bathroom renovation is essential to make it unique and functional. Among many plans of bathroom renovation, adding qualified tiles to the flooring is important. As you know, among many types of flooring, tiles are used commonly for bathrooms. They are found in different colors, textures and patterns. You can create your own designs with different combinations of tile colors. However, apart from the appearance, it is necessary that they are safe and secure.
Bathroom tiles should be slip-resistant. They should be waterproof and should not retain water. In order to prevent falls and keep areas of the home, prone to moisture safe, you need to ensure that the floor includes slip-resistant tiles. Tiles made of different kinds of materials are not slippery and some of them are given here.
Natural stone tiles including polished marble, honed limestone or slate are slip-resistant because of the specific feature of porosity. Millions of tiny holes are present on the surface of these tiles which ensure a slip-resistant floor by grabbing or holding the wet and bare foot placed on the tile’s surface. It is required for some stone tiles to have sealing with impregnated sealers. In order to avoid slippery, it is good to add silicone based impregnating sealers.
Even mosaic tiles have multiple grout lines which grid the surface of the floor and hence, are slip-resistant. Porcelain and ceramic tiles are mostly glazed and are more slippery. Sealing porcelain tiles with proper sealers, like in the case of natural stone tiles, make them resistant to slippery. Some people even add glass tiles to the bathroom. Textured glass tiles having a frosted or sand blasted surface are more slip-resistant than the polished glass tiles. Special coating of sealers to the glass tiles increases their slip-resistant factor. So, whatever the model of tiles you use, make sure that they avoid slippery to ensure your safety.
Comments Off on Importance of Slip-resistant Bathroom Tiles
| Tags: Bathroom Tiles
, Home Improvement
In localization, materials are translated in to a foreign language and they are also adopted to fit a foreign culture. Localization deals with the graphics, proper forms for dates, adoption of local currencies, and even rethinking the size or physical structure of a product along with the words. Process of localization requires local sensitivities and using translators and consultants who know the local market and the local culture. Materials that usually require localization along with the translation includes videos, commercials, software, websites, employee manuals, and marketing materials. Localization can be used in the regions or countries where people speak different languages or where the same language is spoken. There are many different types of translations used in different fields which are used to translate the important documents in those fields.
Role of the translators is to convert written materials from one language into another language. Translators requires distinct set of skills and aptitudes because, the documents that they translate must be as flawless as possible. Translators must have deep knowledge of languages which they are translating as well as the ability to communicate clearly. The translator needs to understand all the nuances and idioms that are present in the original language and translate them into the other language while retaining the original meaning intact. Some industries also requires specialized translators like banking, finance, economics, engineering, administration and policy, information technology etc.
Generally localization addresses the significant, non textual components of products or services whereas the process of translation deals with the only words and the texts. Translation is only one of the activities in localization.
Comments Off on Know about Localization Vs Translation
| Tags: Technology