To escape the emotional and physical discomfort, many people take drugs. Initially in the short term people may feel better while using drugs, but ultimately it will create adverse reaction. If people use drugs to avoid the problems, then physical, social, psychological results of drug abuse and addiction becomes worse than the original problem which people are trying to avoid.
The symptoms of addiction are same, ti does not matter what the substance, is though different drugs have different effects. Drug users should see the the signs and symptoms of substance abuse and addiction, if they recognize themselves in the following signs and symptoms of following then they should talk about their drug use and get help.
Common signs and symptoms of drug abuse:
- Neglecting responsibilities: Neglecting responsibilities at home, work or school due to the use of drugs.
- Legal trouble: legal troubles like arrests for disorderly conduct, stealing to support a drug habit, for driving under the influence.
- Problems in relationship: Because of using drugs you may face problems in relationship like fights with family members, with partner, an unhappy boss, you may lose friends.
- Common signs and symptoms of drug addiction: Drug tolerance: More drug is to be used to experience the same effects when you used to smaller amounts.
- Lost control: Drug users lose their control on taking drugs. They take drugs more than planned though they told themselves to not to take. They may want to stop using drugs but they feel powerless.
- Revolves around drug use: users spend more time on thinking about drug and using drug, they create plan to how to get them and think how to recover from the drug’s effects.
- Continue to use drugs: Users get major problems in their life by using drugs like mood swings, infections, blackouts, depression, paranoia. However there are any problems, if they use.