Some foods commonly enjoyed by humans are dangerous to dogs:
- Some dogs love to eat the flavor chocolate, but chocolate in sufficient doses is lethally toxic to dogs. Because chocolate have the Theobromine, a chemical stimulant that, together with caffeine and theophylline, belongs to the group of methylxanthine alkaloids. So keep away this food from the dogs.
- In some studies shows grapes and raisins can cause acute kidney failure in dogs. The correct mechanism is not known, is there any means to find out the susceptibility of an individual dog. And also keep away lesser extent garlic from the dogs because it contains the thiosulfate which causes hemolytic anemia in dogs.
- Dogs suffer from stiffness, tremors, hyperthermia, and abdominal pain because of Macadamia nuts. A drunken dog displays behavior analogous to that of an intoxicated person. Alcoholic beverages pose much the same temptation and hazard to dogs as to humans.
- Some dogs have food allergies just as humans do; this is particular to the individual dog and not characteristic of the species as a whole. An example is a dog becoming physically ill from salmon; many humans likewise have seafood allergies.
- Chewing gum, chewable vitamins, candy, toothpaste, and other products causes for fatal liver damage.
- If dogs eat the pits of fruits such as peaches and apricots, they can get cyanide poisoning due to cyanogenic glycosides.